Tuesday, June 20, 2006

An Ambitious Project

I've decided it's time employers had a one stop source for everything employee scheduling. To begin with, I am going to create the glossary of employee scheduling terminology. I'll then discuss trends in scheduling employees, each time from a different angle.

All of us are employees, servicing someone. Some of us are both employees and employers. We spend at least half our lives at work (workaholics, much more). Clearly, a virtual space dedicated to this significant chunk of our lives begs reckoning. So why is employee scheduling the point from which I embark?

Why? Because schedules dictate our lives, define our work environment and are derived from a distinct world/organizational view.

Quite an ambitious project. I'm hoping for interaction with visitors and maybe I can even get experts to agree to be interviewed (hello there colleagues!). I'm hoping employees and employers will join in this ongoing discussion; will contribute to my blog and that my blog can contribute to a better understanding of the employee-employer-organization triangle.

:-) Nancy

No comments: